Today’s Biggest Pre-Market Stock Movers: 10 Top Gainers and Losers on Wednesday
InvestorPlace – Stock market news, stock advice and trading tips
Good morning and halfway through the week, investors! Here at InvestorPlace we start the day, as always, with a look at the biggest pre-market stock movers. Join in and list the winners and losers for Wednesday.
Source: ventdusud / Shutterstock.com
But before that, I have to pocket Sarah’s breakdown of Tuesday’s biggest stock stories. It’s a quick read and an easy way to read yesterday’s news. The added context can also help understand why some stocks do what they are in pre-market trading today.
With all of that said and done, let’s get into the biggest pre-market stock movers for Wednesday.
Pre-Market Stock Movers: Top 10 Winners
- Athenex (NASDAQ:ATNX) The share rises by more than 46% due to the planned takeover of Kuur Therapeutics.
- iBio (NYSEAMERICAN:IBIO) increases by over 30% after the end of the legal dispute with Fraunhofer USA and a new license agreement.
- Big 5 sporting goods (NASDAQ: BGFV) Following the publication of the earnings report for the first quarter of 2021, the stock is up almost 24%.
- BioLineRx (NASDAQ:BLRX) is almost 19% higher according to positive results from a phase 3 clinical study.
- DAVIDsTEA (NASDAQ:DTEAStocks rise nearly 15% after creditors’ repayment plans were announced in a conference call with investors.
- Savara (NASDAQ:SVRA) is up more than 10% in pre-market trading this morning.
- GBS (NASDAQ:GBS) Stocks rose over 10% this morning.
- Aurora Mobile (NASDAQ:JG) has increased by a little more than 9%.
- American Joint Hospital (NYSEAMERICAN:AMS) Stock is up nearly 9% this morning.
- Werewolf Therapeutics (NASDAQ:Howl) rose by over 8% after the IPO last week.
8 blue chip stocks with strong results
10 top losers
- Esperion Therapeutics (NASDAQ:ESPR) Stock down 26% after reporting a Q1 miss.
- Cocrystal Pharma (NASDAQ:COCP) declines more than 25% after announcing a $ 40 million purchased share offering.
- Burglary (NASDAQ:INTZ) Stock falls 22% after missing estimates in first quarter earnings report.
- SemiLEDs (NASDAQ:LEDs) Stocks retreat over 21% after rallying yesterday.
- Mercury systems (NASDAQ:MRCY) strikes by more than 17% after the publication of its latest earnings report.
- Brooklyn Immunotherapeutics (NYSEAMERICAN:BTX) Stock is down over 14% this morning.
- Shineco (NASDAQ:TYHT) fell more than 11% after announcing plans to acquire a 51% stake in Mayah Biological.
- Adamis Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ADMP) dips a little over 11% this morning.
- Image recognition systems (NASDAQ:ISNS) Following the publication of the earnings report for the first quarter, the share recorded a decline of more than 10%.
- Reeds (NASDAQ:REED) Stocks are closing the pre-market stock movers list by over 8% despite an expanded distribution agreement announced yesterday.
At the time of publication, William White held positions (neither directly nor indirectly) in any of the securities referred to in this article.
The post The Biggest Stock Traders Before Today’s Market Entry: 10 Top Winners and Sellers on Wednesday first appeared on InvestorPlace.
The views and opinions expressed herein are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of Nasdaq, Inc.