Things You Should Know for An Easy Furniture Removal
With some organizations upfront, removing furniture won’t be such a daunting task. All you need is to have a little plan on hand. That means you need to know exactly what to do so the best way to get a list for the job. Once you’ve determined the items for your furniture removal, just follow our four step strategy. In the end, all you have to do is make an appointment with a licensed service. Chances are, you will get rid of all of your unwanted items without them. To learn more about efficient and inexpensive furniture removals, simply contact your local moving service.
1, you might be able to sell some of this
Take your list of furniture removal items and look carefully at each item. Is there anything else in a cheap form? Are there any retro or antique items? If the answer is yes, it’s fantastic news. You shouldn’t just throw these items away and put them up for sale as you won’t have to get these items out yourself once you’ve found a buyer. That’s probably the best part of it: making money on the side without lifting a finger.
To sell items from your furniture removal, you have several options:
- Make it available for online sales like Craigslist, Kijiji, Letgo, eBay, or Offerup. Take some good pictures of your furniture, add measurements, and write a note for the buyer so they can pick it up.
- Organize a garage sale of your unwanted furniture. The best day for a flea market is usually the first Saturday of the month. People just got their salary and are happier to spend it. Advertise your flea market online in local social network groups. Put up some dashing posters about the flea market in your neighborhood a week before.
- Antiques are best sold at auction houses. Once you are in touch with them, you may want to check out if you have any other hidden assets in your home.
- Contact a consignment store to buy your furniture and put it up for resale. Check to see if the store you are buying new furniture from is buying your old items. For example, the Swedish furniture store buys old furniture when you buy new items in their store. Unfortunately, they only offer it for furniture that was bought from them once. However, other stores are taking your old pieces. It would make your furniture removal a much easier task without having to worry.
2. You can donate your furniture
Take your list again and see which items are eligible for donation. These items should still be functional and, at best, not require repairs. To see if your furniture removal items are chargeable, take a look at them for yourself. If you’d be happy to get it as it is, going to a donation center is good. Check out which charities in your area are happy to receive open donations. Make an appointment with them and they will come over to get it out. If you are unable to do this, you can check with your local removal service. Not only do most companies have partnerships with charities, but some also offer a free collection if you want your furniture removal to end with a charity. You just have to let them know which charity it’s going to.
3. Make some money recycling
Recycling centers are also a great disposal option. Since it is a recycling center, they cannot take everything with them. But all of your plastic, metal, wood, or even glass furniture is exactly what you’re looking for. Instead of having to pay to move, they do it almost for free. Because you are their supplier of recyclable goods. In return, they earn money with what you donated. While the furniture removal service isn’t entirely free, you might not have to pay anything at all. They will deduct the value of the items you provide them from your invoice. In most cases, only your furniture removal fees are paid. Most of the time you go home with a plus in your pocket.
4. Furniture removal services are at your service. Literally.
Hiring a service for the job is often viewed as an expensive solution. Your fees are based on two factors:
- The standard of living in your area
- The total volume of your articles
Both factors can be influenced. If the standard of living in your area is on the low side, you can expect lower fees. The less you need for a furniture collection service, the cheaper it will be.
With a removal service, you get great benefits that take the stress off your shoulders. As mentioned earlier, pretty much every service has partnered with a charity. They take care of donations without making thousands of calls. In addition, they also take care of recycling. If you don’t know the exact materials of your furniture, you’re out of luck at a recycling center. Removal services are experts in determining the materials of old furniture. You can categorize it accordingly on their site (which you probably can’t).
And did you know that moving services pick up your belongings directly from your home? Indeed it is. There is no heavy lifting for you at all. You also don’t have to park your belongings on the curb to remove furniture – which is illegal in some areas anyway. You wouldn’t have to disassemble anything either.
Concerned about a major cleanup? A furniture removal service will at least help you tidy up afterwards and leave your home in pristine condition.