STL Take it Home offers an ongoing list of establishments offering takeout, pickup, and delivery services in St. Louis
As the St. Louis area continues to recover from the economic impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, restaurants across the community have adapted and changed to hold out during these challenging times. While many were able to open their dining rooms to guests, almost all of them currently offer take away, roadside collection, and delivery.
STL Take It Home offers the community a single point of contact for supporting local businesses and their employees. These small businesses are part of the diverse culinary scene of St. Louis with internationally recognized chefs. Now is the time to use the region’s delicious, unique creations in a safe and responsible manner.
When ordering take-away, observe the following health and safety protocols:
- Prepay all orders online or by phone by providing credit card information.
- Ask for a tip if it isn’t already included. If you need to sign a credit card receipt when you pick it up, bring your own pen.
- When a customer line has formed, please remember to stay at least 3 meters away from other people.
- Wash your hands when you get home.
- Transfer food to your personal dishes.
- Wash your hands after handling to-go containers.
- If your food is served in plastic containers, you can use warm soapy water or disinfectant wipes on the outside of the container.
- Discard all take-away containers and bags as soon as possible.
When ordering delivery, observe the following health and safety protocols:
- Ask the delivery service to leave your food on your doorstep. If you have to accept food at the door, please remember to wear a mask.
- Pay for food in advance with a credit card.
- When you have brought the food home, you should wash your hands.
- All containers holding the food should be disposed of immediately.
STL Take It Home has also launched a social media campaign called the #STLTakeItHome Challenge. Enjoy your delicious meal, snap a picture, tag your restaurant and use the hashtag on Instagram to share your experience. By raising awareness of these roadside pickup, dropping off, and delivery options, or purchasing gift cards to local facilities, we can all do our part by showing some love to favorite St. Louis locations.
St. Louis is fortunate to have so many neighborhood restaurants that support our communities, and now is the time for us to support them in return. The STL Take It Home portal was developed to simplify the connection between restaurants and local residents. We can all do our part; There has never been a more critical time to support our region’s small businesses and economy.
This post was produced by SLM Partner Studio on behalf of Explore St. Louis. To find out more about STL Take It Home, visit explorestlouis.com/stl-take-it-home/.