Signups soon for Surprise’s hazardous waste pickup
Surprising residents can make appointments next week to have hazardous waste collected directly from their homes during the city’s winter hazardous waste collection event.
Registrations are made from Monday, January 25th to Friday, January 29th, for scheduled collections from Monday, February 1st to Friday, February 5th.
To request an appointment, residents can use the My Surprise app or call 623-222-1920.
Residents can book appointments from January 25th from 8am to January 29th at 5pm.
Customer service representatives call to schedule the best available appointment.
Representatives will inquire about what items to collect, discuss volume restrictions, and determine how items should be packaged.
Acceptable items will be parked outside on the driveway and against the garage on the scheduled pick-up date by 6 a.m. Hazardous waste must not be disposed of on sidewalks or at the roadside.
Properly packaged, sealed and labeled items will be picked up between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. on the scheduled pick-up date.
Acceptable Hazardous Household Waste:
- Antifreeze, engine oil, gasoline, diesel, and fuel additives (5 gallons per household)
- Brake transmission power steering fluid, degreaser (5 gallons per household)
- Car and household batteries
- Pool chemicals, fire extinguishers and gas bottles
- Compact fluorescent lamps
- Stains, varnishes, turpentine, detergents, adhesives
- Oil paint, paint thinner, solvents, detergents, adhesives (10 gallons per household)
- Pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers and other lawn chemicals
- Televisions, electronics, cell phones, computers, stereos
The following items will not be accepted: general and bulk waste, medical waste, commercial waste, ammunition or explosives, RV refrigerators that contain ammonia, radioactive material, and tires.
Visit surprisingiseaz.gov / hhwevent.
For year-round garbage and equipment pick-up services, visit surprisingiseaz.gov / bulktrash.
News Editor | Surprise | [email protected]
Former NAU lumberjack who likes to go to concerts (or me), watch sports (or me) and hang out with friends (oh, whatever). I also like backgammon, surfing, and men who are not afraid to cry.