Eco-Friendly Ways to Dispose off The Office Furniture!
Are you considering moving your office to a new location and are you serious about upgrading furniture and equipment? If so, start the process by removing furniture. Make an inventory of all the furniture you own in your office, then start categorizing the items that you will be taking with you and leaving behind. There may be many environmentally friendly ways to do this.
There are numerous pieces of furniture in an office and some of them are like chairs, desks, tables, cabinets, conference tables and so on. Leading moving companies at iMoving.com recommend disposing of some of your office furniture in an environmentally friendly way if you want to remove them. Check out these methods:
If you are moving your business long distances, you may not want to carry heavy pieces of furniture with you to reduce moving costs. The best way to get rid of the excess items on your office furniture is to resell it. Reselling is a great way to make your move environmentally friendly.
Make a note of the brand, age, and condition of each item. You can then offer your co-workers, friends or relatives to buy it at a reduced price by sharing details. If they are not interested, you can sell it online on various websites or in used furniture stores. When you resell your office furniture, you benefit from cash.
- The method will help you win back some money that you can use during the moving process.
- It will help boost your business in a new location and the amount can be used to provide your products and services to customers at a lower cost and to promote your products to attract customers.
- It reduces the waste that ends up in the landfill.
This is the best way to get rid of your furniture when given the opportunity to give goodwill to society. Many government nonprofits will be happy to take your used office furniture with you. Some NGOs even offer to come alone to select these items. Many local charities also offer free pickup.
Hence, you don’t have to worry about renting a truck or something else. However, do double-check that your furniture is in good shape and in good condition. You will also receive a tax deduction through charity. Hence, it is like a win-win situation for you.
- It extends the life of the furniture.
- This is just the best way to give chance and happiness in the form of furniture to those who cannot afford them.
- Material waste is reduced because the furniture is used by someone else.
There is a chance that your co-workers, friends or relatives would like to take your office furniture with them, but of course you cannot earn any money for it. The reason they don’t pay a price for these items could be because of your desire and understanding for them as a gift to them. Best of all, your co-workers, friends, or relatives may hire a truck themselves to transport the items to their home as they will receive the items at no cost.
- This option can save you time and moving costs to move your furniture to a new location.
- It might make your loved ones happier, but make sure that the items you give them will be of use.
Recycling the furniture:
If you can’t sell, donate, or give away your used office furniture, there is another option to follow. You can choose to recycle your existing furniture. Protecting your surroundings from harm is the best decision. Now your furniture is no longer in the landfill producing several toxic chemicals.
Recycling helps to give the furniture a new life. They are mined and reused to make various other wood products that are used by other people. Isn’t it an amazing idea to get the most out of the trash?
- Helps in reducing the negative impact on the environment
- You can get the modern equipment from the old ones and then earn an amount by selling it for a higher amount.
If none of the methods above are good choices for you, check to see if a piece of furniture is functional or not. If any of these are in good shape, you can try reusing that one. Check whether this fits the modernized office layout.
- Makes you greener
- The cheapest option
Yes, moving is just the best time to update or modernize your office. It is absolutely fine to give your office a brand new look. So, try any of the above office moving options to get rid of unnecessary waste.